Once a week, we gather stories about the media business, journalism, writing, communications, and freelancing—with a Canadian focus—and share them in Off the Wire. Who needs a water cooler?
From around the web:
- How to safeguard your mental health as a journalist [Journo Resources]
- Local news outlets can fill the media trust gap – but the public needs to pony up [J-Source]
- National Observer staff officially unionized with CWA Canada [CWA Canada]
- Why You Need To Create A Year In Review For Your Career [Forbes]
- How to master time management once and for all [Freelancers Union]
- Welcome Aboard Our Newest Rollercoaster: The Freelancer [New Yorker]
- A writer’s guide to building an online presence [The Writer]
- Gut Check: Working With a Sensitivity Reader [Open Notebook]
- Gender equity issues in Canadian journalism persist at end of decade [J-Source]
- 7 tips for being a happy and successful remote worker [Freelancers Union]
Recently on Story Board:
- Tom Hanson photojournalism award open for entries: Canadian photojournalists with less than five years of experience can now apply for the annual award. This six-week paid internship at The Canadian Press head office in Toronto will take place between April and September 2020.
POSTED IN: News