Where CMG Freelance Members Connect.
How it works:
- You are now a member of The ‘Lancer: Where CMG Freelance Members Connect. You’ll begin receiving emails from fellow members of the list shortly.
- To get started, introduce yourself! Email email@example.com with a bit about yourself and your work. Use that same email address to share news or start a discussion anytime.
- To respond to messages from The ‘Lancer, just click reply in your email client – but remember – these replies go to all members.
- Too many emails? Try filtering email from The ‘Lancer into a specific folder. All emails from The ‘Lancer begin with the subject prefix “[The ‘Lancer]”. Alternatively, you can switch to a daily digest or web-only mode by managing your settings here: https://groups.google.com/a/cmgfreelance.ca/d/forum/thelancer
- View the list archive here: https://groups.google.com/a/cmgfreelance.ca/d/forum/thelancer
- Unsubscribe anytime: send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Code of conduct:
As a participant on The ‘Lancer email list you agree to the following:
- The purpose of this list is to promote conversation, support and solidarity among freelancers. To that end, please treat others with respect. Use civil and constructive language and refrain from making personal attacks or using insults.
- Be careful of posting too often. The emails on this list will be sent out to every registered member. Please keep in mind that lengthy discussions between individual members may be better conducted off-list.
- Please use clear and appropriate subject lines when you start a new topic, question or discussion thread
- Please do not use the email list as a marketing tool. If you would like feedback on your work from members or you’ve finished a project that may be of interest to other freelancers, feel free to post. But please avoid marketing or sales-related posts.
- Please focus your posts on topics relevant to freelancing, work-life balance, mutual support, unionism and professional development. Examples may include: jobs, finding work, rates of pay, safety and health, mutual support in work and/or community, seminars, meet-ups, individual challenges, suggestions for advocacy, building networks and alliances, issues in your field of work, analysis of trends, technical tips, self-management, business tips, referrals for supports, relevant events.
- Please refrain from forwarding or sharing posts on this e-list with non-members without the permission of the original poster.
- This is a members-only forum and CMG Freelance expects all members to refrain from sharing information with non-members. However, please keep in mind that CMG Freelance cannot fully guarantee that all members will respect the rules and keep posts confidential.
- When posting please remove previous posts in the thread from your email to avoid long, repetitive replies.
- Please do not use HTML formatting in your posts.
- When posting to this list, members will need to use their name when they send messages. This forum does not accept anonymous contributions.
Members who violate these rules will be reminded by the moderator of the CMG Freelance e-list’s expected standards of behaviour. Repeated violations may result in the offender being removed from the list.